As this posts, we are just three days from what has now officially become the 2017 SHOT Week. That’s right, SHOT Show has grown in programs and resources so much that it now encompasses a full week. Let’s take a look at what’s new on tap for what is, without a doubt, the best firearms trade show on earth.
- Supplier Showcase—The all-new Supplier Showcase features a sold-out exhibit space of more than 250 OEM, third-party suppliers seeking to connect and network with SHOT Show’s manufacturing exhibitors. All such exhibitors, especially purchasing agents, design engineers and R&D specialists are encouraged to take the time on Monday, January 16, and head to the Venetian’s fifth floor, Palazzo Ballroom, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to take advantage of this one-of-a-kind event. We’ll even provide lunch if you R.S.V.P. in advance.
- Executive Management Seminar—New for 2017, our Executive Management Seminar has a star-studded lineup of some of today’s most talented and well-respected business experts addressing topics such as Voice of the Customer, multi-generation management techniques and segment-specific marketing tactics. Presented in partnership with C-Suite Network, the event takes place Monday, January 16.
- International Buyer Program Special Panel Discussion—For the fifth year, NSSF is participating in the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Buyer Program, which matches pre-screened foreign buyers with U.S. suppliers. Our participation has been such a success that John E. Andersen, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Western Hemisphere for the U.S. Department of Commerce will be attending the 2017 SHOT Show. He’ll also be hosting a very special luncheon and panel discussion on Wednesday, January 18, to help exhibitors wishing to explore import/export opportunities. The event takes place in the Venetian’s fourth floor Delphino 4005 from 12:00 to 1:30. Exhibitors wishing to attend can R.S.V.P. here.
- New exhibitors!—The 2017 SHOT Show will feature 160 exhibitors brand new to the main show floors, as well as 100 new exhibitors in the NEXT Pavilion located in the grand hallway on the Venetian’s third floor, across from the Press Room and NSSF Members Lounge.
- SHOT Show Mobile App—While the app itself isn’t new, this year’s app does feature a plethora of new functionality. available for iPhone, Android and Blackberry products, is an all-information, one-stop-shop for everyone attending the show. From real-time show announcements and interactive floor maps that allow buyers and media to instantly connect with the exhibitors they need to see, to meeting and scheduling functions, product information download capabilities (including product scanning at the New Product Center), SHOT Show video feeds and more, the app can be synced across various smart devices, and it also includes social media, note taking and educational session rating functionalities, among others.
There is much more of course. The 3rd Annual NSSF/HAVA Golf Classic, taking place Sunday, January 15, is the premier kickoff to the 2017 SHOT Week—because what better way to start the show that propels our industry than by honoring and supporting the men and women that fight for our right to be in this industry?
Monday is packed with events, including SHOT Show University, which sold out quickly this year, and Industry Day at the Range, now in its third year as an invitation-only event for our industry’s elite media members and select buyers. Retailer Seminars such as “Intellectual Property,” “Social Media and the Firearms Retailer” and “Understanding Customer Segments” among others keep our industry’s front-line sellers up-to-date. Likewise, specialized courses such as “Night Vision Technology, Fact vs. Fiction” and “Active Shooter Update and the Advanced Police Officer,” part of the Law Enforcement Education Program, work improve knowledge banks and safety for law enforcement and military members attending the show. Both take place throughout the week.
I could go on, but it’s time to pack and take to the air. I can’t tell you how excited all of us at NSSF are for this year’s show. The kickoff to the new year and a new political climate brings with it renewed optimism for our industry, our hunting and shooting traditions and the future of our nation. Have a great show, everyone, we’re looking forward to seeing all of you in Las Vegas.