NSSF – The Firearm Industry Trade Association, welcomes professional media to the SHOT Show®.
With more than 2,000 members of the media from the United States and around the world expected to cover the 2024 SHOT Show, there is a limit for the number of journalists that can be reasonably and fairly accommodated. Specialized media routinely covering the shooting, hunting, outdoor and law enforcement trade may be assigned credentials until the limit is reached. A deadline for applying and assigning media credentials may be put into effect at any time at the discretion of the NSSF Communications team.
Media registration for the 2024 SHOT Show will open around the first week of October. Our advice to media wishing to attend the SHOT Show is to apply for credentials early to avoid the cutoff date. Be sure to read the application requirements and restrictions below. Media must PRE-REGISTER for credentials; there will be NO ONSITE REGISTRATION of media.
Media credentials for the SHOT Show will be provided solely at the discretion of the NSSF Communications team and will be based on the following criteria:
- Previous media credentialing at one or more recent SHOT Shows, or invitation to receive 2024 credentials (both subject to re-qualification review).
- Demonstrated record of print, broadcast, cable or web-based coverage of shooting, hunting, law enforcement and related activities.
- Because the SHOT Show is run for the benefit of the shooting, hunting, outdoor and law enforcement industry, a demonstrated record of reasonable objectivity, fairness and balance in past coverage of the industry will be considered.
Due to limited staffing for media support, no general media and no media from foreign countries other than those working for outlets regularly covering hunting, shooting, firearms and firearms-related products will be credentialed for SHOT Show.
NSSF does not recognize Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, Snapchat and certain other social media platforms as qualifying news outlets for media credentials.
Show badges are not transferable. We do not permit substitutions.
Media Badge Types and Requirements for Credentials
Media must meet specific eligibility requirements to receive credentials to cover the show. Approval of media credentials is at the sole discretion of NSSF.
Badge Types (Non-transferable):
- Media-Editorial Badge — For all media covering the show except those affiliated with TV, video and radio shows or those with a media company exhibiting at the SHOT Show. Allows access to the show floor with permission to use photo and video equipment. Show policy requires that you ask permission before photographing or videotaping close-ups of products or individuals.
- Media-Broadcast Badge — For media covering the show for a TV, radio or Web-based video/audio show. Allows access to the show floor with permission to use video or sound-recording equipment. This badge also allows still photography. Show policy requires that you ask permission before photographing or videotaping close-ups of products or individuals.
- Exhibitor Media Badge — For media with companies exhibiting at the SHOT Show who require media privileges in order to cover the show.
Requirements for Media Credentials (Proof of Eligibility)
The criteria listed below allow NSSF to evaluate media's eligibility for attending the SHOT Show and help address concerns of SHOT Show exhibitors about maintaining a professional business-to-business environment at the show. Media who are requested to provide credentials during the registration process must do so; failure to provide the necessary credentials will cause a delay or outright denial of your application. Documents, such as a press card or letter of assignment, should be emailed as a link or digital file. If you do not have digital versions, fax a copy by following the instructions emailed to you after submitting your application for credentials.
Media-Editorial Badge Requirement:
Broadcast Badge Requirement:
IMPORTANT: Unauthorized filming of exhibits or close-ups of individuals will result in the revocation of all media credentials and may jeopardize admission into future SHOT Shows.
NOTE: Some video crews may be escorted by Press Room staff to and from their interview locations on the show floor.
Media applications from media not related to the industry will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Because the SHOT Show is run for the benefit of the shooting, hunting, outdoor and law enforcement industry, a demonstrated record of reasonable objectivity, fairness and balance in past coverage of the industry will be considered.
NSSF DOES NOT recognize Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, LinkedIn, Snapchat and certain other social media platforms as qualifying news outlets for media credentials.
Show badges ARE NOT transferable. We DO NOT permit substitutions.